Salad Nicoise | ChopChop
This is a traditional French complete-meal salad, but it's not crazy-fancy! Canned tuna, beans, vegetables, and eggs are basic ingredients that you might have on hand already. We're showing you the tradtional method of "composing" the salad on a platter instead of tossing it in a bowl. That way everyone can take a little bit of what they like. (P.S. Don't be afraid of the anchovy in the dressing! It's really good)
Fork or whisk
Sharp knife (adult needed)
- To drain the tuna: Set the colander in the sink, then use the can opener to open each can and carefully empty them into the colander. Using the fork, press down on the tuna to squeeze the liquid out. Allow it to drain away.
- Arrange the lettuce on the platter and sprinkle the basil over it.
- Put the tuna, white beans, tomatoes, green beans, olives, and eggs in separate piles on top of the greens.
- To make the dressing: Put the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and anchovy in the small bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve right away.